Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mommy

So, wow, the past 24 hours have been crazy. Last night, I watched the UConn Men's Basketball Team play the championship game and win it! I, also, changed my major. Through trying to do specific courses and the guidance of the Lord (shutting doors that I wanted open) and my mom, I figured out that Special Education was not the way I needed to go. So, I chose Equine Science as an Animal Science major. :) Haha, CURVEBALL! I could only get into 1 out of 5 classes that I need for next semester. I wigged out--had a migraine--all that fun stuff. What was I going to do?! I thought. Well, I had an impromptu meeting with a professor/advisor in the School of Agriculture. Turns out, I need to declare my major now and then I can get into the classes I need. Great! I was wicked excited and happy...I went to the Pep Rally at Gample for the celebration of the championship (had an amazing time!)...I came home....and then, I freaked. It all happened SO fast! All I could think was "what am I doing?!" I prayed and the thought came into my mind "hello! talk to mom! that always helps!" (so glad the Lord reminded me of this!) So, I talked to mom. :) I felt great afterwards. In the end, the Lord will have me majoring in exactly what He wants me to. In the meanwhile, He gave me an amazing mom for everything! It is so relaxing and helpful to talk to her when I'm wigging out over anything. <3 Love you Mommy!! <3

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes God shakes you up to make sure you are listening before He tells you what He wants you to do.

    I have told you about how the college I was enrolled in closed the summer before my freshman year, right? It was too late to apply to another school, so I took the GED, attended Asnuntuck, and stayed at home. The change in plans kept me home and by the next summer I was engaged to marry Greg.

    I am not saying that you will get a husband out of this, but God does know His plans for you and they are better than anything that would have happened along the other path.

    If you honestly and openly seek His will, He will guide you along the best way.

    Keeping you in prayer.

    BTW - Hurray for Mommies! :)

    ReplyDelete

I don't mind comments :)