Sunday, March 27, 2011

Things Aren't Always What They Seem

Well, to start off I will tell you about my little Spider Adventure I just had. I'm going to get this out in the open: I. Really. Don't. Like. Spiders. There, I said it. So when I see a spider, I do this high-pitched squeak and jump away. Then, I try to get up the guts to kill it...once I finally make my move, well, I miss. The spider then, usually, ends up hanging from my arm and I freak out (and notice, it does not matter the size of the spider...I freak out every time). Then, the story has 3 different possible endings. 
1. The spider is lucky and escapes with his/her life.
2. I end up finding it and killing it.
3. My Daddy kills it. (this is my preferred ending)
So, yeah, that happened tonight. And Option 2 ending was the winner. 




On a more serious note, I have been listening to Francesca Battistelli lately. Many of her lyrics have gotten me thinking. However, I think I want to talk about her song "Behind the Scenes." The chorus lyrics are:


"Things aren’t always what they seem
You’re only seeing part of me
There’s more than you could ever know
Behind the scenes
I’m incomplete and I’m undone
But I suppose like everyone
There’s so much more that’s going on
Behind the scenes"



I know that I need to remember these lyrics. There are times when you can get really annoyed with a person--No matter if you know that person personally or if he/she is a stranger. However, think about it. Do you know what's going on in that person's life "behind the scenes"? I need to remember to show God's love to everyone. His light needs to shine in my life. This is something that I am trying to remember and practice. Just thought that I would share. :)


Night everyone!


*Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith* 1 Timothy 1:5

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the reminder :) I will email you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your sister. :) This is a good reminder. Thanks. :)

    Welcome to the blogsphere!

    ReplyDelete

I don't mind comments :)