Monday, March 28, 2011

Patience Is A Virtue

So lately, I have been freaking out. My grades for this semester, so far, are not what I would like them to be. This has been causing me to worry about whether I'm going to be able to make it into the School of Education at UConn. Yup, that was me last week--wigging out over my future haha. So, I take the next most logical step in MY mind (what I should have done, was pray). I went to Mom. This turned out very well. We came up with a back-up plan for if science courses kick my butt next semester and I relaxed immediately. Then, I listened to a song (I LOVE music). The lyrics are:


And I don’t know how the story ends
But I'll be alright cause You own it
I don’t know where the highway bends
But I’m doing just fine
Cause You're in control
Even when I don’t know 
Where my life’s gonna go


The truth is, the LORD holds my future. He already knows whether I'm going to become a Special Education teacher or a Landscape Architect (my other option) or something else that I haven't thought of! Do you know how comforting this is? I LOVE the verse Jeremiah 29:11-


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.


and the verse Acts 1:7-


And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.


I need to be patient and see where the Lord leads me. He holds my future and has already written it--this is very comforting. It's time for me to sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

1 comment:

  1. Actively waiting is a tough position hold. Thank the Lord, He promises to give us the strength. :) Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

I don't mind comments :)